FEYZIN – FRANCEadmin
Origin of the incident
Historical pollution in a petrochemical unit.
- Mainly hydrocarbons, BTEX, aromatic and aliphatic compounds
- Presence of a free phase ranging from a few centimetres to several tens of centimetres on a fairly extensive surface.
Geography and nature of the terrain
Industrial zone near a river with strong level variations.
Variability of the groundwater
- Average depth of aquifer 12 m below ground level.
- 2.5 m groundwater variability, fast and induced by the level variations of the nearby river.
- Given the scope of pollution, installation of two pumping units DS 500-6D ATEX, equipped for pumping at a depth greater than 8.5 m, each connected to a 5000 L ST 5000 storage unit.
- Utilisation de Use of 8 skimmers SKIM 4-250 specially developed to follow groundwater variation over 2.5 m.
- The operation of the installation is controlled by the groundwater level. The thickness of the free phase is strongly linked to the position of the aquifer table.
Over a period of more or less four years, recovery of more than 93m3 L of pure product.
Nb of Wells